Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another Dining Delight Outside of the District

Last week, I attended a conference in Denver, Colorado, a really cool city that I had never been to before. The conference was great, but the only downside was that I didn't get much time to explore Denver. Luckily, a few other girls on my program and I got the chance to go out for one dinner while we were there. The conference was held at the Sheraton Denver Downtown, which is on a street with many restaurants and bars. We decided it would be a good idea to explore this street to find the best cuisine possible(luckily the friends I made were huge foodies as well, so this was a great use of our time).

After wandering around, we found a restaurant called Appaloosa Grill. The menu looked intriguing so we decided to go. I ordered a black bean burger with truffle garlic fries on the side.


The black bean burger was honestly amazing. You could tell that the veggies were extremely fresh and it was very flavorful; the burger was actually extremely spicy which was a surprise to me. This was probably helpful because many people get altitude sickness in Denver and this meal caused me to drink A LOT of water. 

Although the veggie burger was great, the best part of the meal was definitely the truffle garlic fries. The side was french fried potatoes accompanied by fresh herbs, minced garlic, truffle oil, smoked sea salt, grated parmesan and topped with pepper aioli. They were honestly incredible, so flavorful and so unique!

The meal was only around $11, which is a good deal for the amount of food(so many fries!) I would definitely recommend trying it if you ever go to Denver!

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! I wish every meal in DC were only $11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this place!! Definitely a good place to eat on a short trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truffle oil is amazing..so I can imagine truffle fries to be to die for

    ReplyDelete