Sunday, November 6, 2011

10 Restaurants I Want To Try

Since this week has been crazy and I haven't had time to go out for a  meal, I decided that this week I will post a list of the top ten restaurants that I want to try in DC(not in any particular order). Looking forward to trying these restaurants in weeks to come!



Goodstuff Eatery(Courtesy of Google)
  1. Alero- This inexpensive Mexican eatery is supposed to be incredible. After surveying the menu, I decided that I look forward to trying the nacho platter, sopa de lenteja(lentil soup), the spinach enchilada, and of course, my favorite veggie fajitas. Additionally, the peach daquiri sounds incredible.
  2. Goodstuff Eatery: This famous burger joint near Capitol Hill is raved about by politicians and GW students alike. It is a Spike Mendelsohn restaurant. Although I don't eat meat, the "Vegetarians are people too 'shroom burger" sounds delightful. Check out the menu for Goodstuff here.
  3. Coco Sala: This chocolate boutique in Penn Quarter sounds like the most amazing place....ever! Their bottomless brunch, although pricey, looks delicious. After browsing the menu, I would love to try the 'hotcake obsession', which combines citrus ricotta pancakes with white chocolate lemon cream with berry compote and caramel passion fruit sauce. Additionally, the 'french toast smores' sound great; it is cinnamon brioche stuffed with house-made marshmallow, dark chocolate, & 
    graham shortbread with warm banana compote and milk chocolate mousse...actually incredible sounding! The 'artichoke tart' with creamy hearts of artichoke, tomato confit and truffle & tarragon vinaigrette also sounds great in addition to the 'grown-up grilled cheese' which is truffle-scented brioche, cheddar cheese with roasted tomato soup and cheese fritter(yum!)
  4. Burger, Tap, and Shake: This restaurant is on campus, so I must try it soon! I look forward to tasting the sweet potato fries and the adult milkshake called "the evil empire" which is smirnoff vanilla bean vodka, red wing coffee liqueur, and vanilla ice cream
  5. Circa: Located right near Burger, Tap, and Shake, Circa is another must visit in my mind. The fried green tomatoes topped with pepper jack cheese, black bean mango relish and a cilantro lime crème fraiche look like a great appetizer option. The wild mushroom ravioli stuffed with wild mushrooms tossed with artichoke hearts, cremini mushrooms and a beurre noisette topped with fresh herbs and goat cheese also sounds incredible. Check out the menu here!
  6. Shake Shack: Originally from New York, this fast food joint is famous. I need to try the shakes, veggie burger, and more!
  7. District Commons: Also on campus, this restaurant sounds delicious. The flatbread with Roasted Sweet Peppers, Pipe Dream Farms Goat Cheese, Basil Pesto and the flatbread with smoked Salmon, Lemon & Dill Mascarpone, and Appropriate Condiments all sound great! I also would love to try the North Carolina Mountain Trout with Broccolini, Pine Nuts, and Citrus Burnt Butter. Although pricey, this sounds so great and hopefully I will be able to go when my family visits
  8. Shophouse: Called the Asian Chipotle, Shophouse, located in Dupont Circle, has gotten great reviews. Many GW students have raved about the restaurant. I look forward to trying it, although I am concerned that it supposed to be spicy(which I'm not too fond of). Well see how it is once I go...
  9. Jaleo: I went abroad to Barcelona and consequentially LOVE tapas. Although the entire menu looks absolutely amazing, I cannot wait to try the Trigueros con romesco which is grilled asparagus with romesco sauce. I love romesco sauce after trying it in Catalonia at a traditional, festive meal. Additionally, the paella(veggie of course) sounds great!
  10. Blue Duck Tavern: This is definitely a restaurant that I have to go to with my family, but it is frequented by our president, vice president, and many other famous people. It is right by my apartment and I look forward to trying it, especially the Sweet Potato Pasta, Salsify, Brussel Sprouts, Huckleberry and Pumpkin.
I can't wait to try all of these incredible restaurants!

5 comments:

  1. Cira: obsessed.

    Good Stuff: the Old Bay mayo is to.die.for. Oh, and be sure to get the toasted marshmellow shake. You won't be sorry

    Shake shack: tried it in NYC and wasn't super impressed. WHo knows? Maybe DC will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just at Jaleo on Saturday for dinner! It is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Duck Tavern's brunch is phenomenal. short rib hash is the way to go. and out of all the burger places you mentioned, my vote is with good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote a post about Co Co. Sala! I definitely recommend it! Take a look:
    http://foodfessionz.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-love-affair-with-chocolate-began.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Circa: Try the brunch

    BTS: Stay away everyone i know who has eaten there has gotten sick :-/

    I am dying to go to district commons too. I walk by it every day on my way back from work it just looks like such a cool restaurant!

    ReplyDelete