Friday, September 9, 2011

Paradise found at Pizza Paradiso

Anyone who knows me knows that my favorite food is pizza. Born and raised in the Chicago suburbs, I have been exposed to some of the best and most original pizza in America since I was a kid. One of the most disappointing food aspects of Washington DC was always the lack of good pizza. In Chicago, it is easy to find a delicious pizza establishment within five minutes of wherever you're currently located. In DC, the search for a perfect pizza is more of a struggle.

I have found a few pizza places that are up to my ridiculously high standards(which is funny, seeing as I think Domino's is decent based entirely on their delicious garlic crust), but I am always looking for restaurants to quench my pizza cravings. Today, I went to Pizza Paradiso, for the first time. Even though I have gone to GW since 2008 and the restaurant has three locations(Georgetown, Dupont, and Alexandria,VA), I somehow never indulged in this establishment's pizza. However, on this rainy day after going to Dupont in search of a cheap, but well done manicure, my friends and I decided to go. Both of my friends had been there before and said it was really good, so i decided it was about time to try the famous wood-oven cooked pizza. 


The restaurant in Dupont is decorated nicely inside with exposed brick and cute pizza pictures lining the interior. The menu is simple, but classy and very appealing. I decided to make my own because spinach garlic pizza has become one of my favorite foods after eating it on regular during my summer's at camp. Pizza Paradiso offers wheat crust options, free of charge, which allowed me to make my pizza a little healthier, and much more delicious.

8 inch spinach garlic pizza on whole wheat crust
The pizza was amazing-perfectly cooked, not overly garlicky yet flavorful, and the spinach was fresh and sauteed to perfection. I would recommend this pizza to everyone; even if you are on a budget, you can enjoy this dish without breaking the bank. For more info, check out Pizza Paradiso's website at http://www.eatyourpizza.com/

6 comments:

  1. Have you been to Matchbox? That was the first place I was taken in DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Detroit this summer and developed a love for Chicago-style deep dish. Any ideas on where to find that? I would prefer to not have to order a frozen pizza and have it shipped...but I will because deep dish is so addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is apparently this place called Armand's that is supposed to be great, but I haven't been. The frozen Lou Malnati's sent from Chicago though is amazing(only issue is its expensive, but youre right its addicting!) And yes, I've been to matchbox that is really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good, love simple pizza done well. Also you might want to try 2Amys it's supposed to be great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pizza Paradiso! I'm hungry just thinking about it.. yummm

    ReplyDelete